Woohoo! Another week down — dare I say this week flew by? I mean, the last thing I remember, I was dreading Monday and here we are. It’s hard for me to believe that it’s also the last weekend of October. Where did 2016 go? Your guess is as good as mine.
But let’s get down to business, shall we?
1. I have a confession: I have never hosted Thanksgiving before. We have always gone somewhere or been at home with our families. See also: our parents cook. Sure, I can whip up a side dish, but the whole shebang? Never. This year, I got it into my head that I want to host Thanksgiving. The problem? Our house situation is SHAMBLES. I mean, if you follow along on Instagram you know what we are dealing with, so that throws a bit of a wrench into my plans. What’s a girl to do?
2. All summer I lusted over the flouncy dress style. Is flouncy a word? You know that one I’m talking about — ruffles, flowy, off-the-shoulder. And lo and behold, SheIn totally delivered with this hot pink off the shoulder shift. Lucky for me, fall in Hawaii doesn’t mean I need to break out a parka, so I’m looking forward to putting this on for a date night in the near future.
3. I saw this quote the other day on Pinterest and I couldn’t help but think about how 2016 threw some major curve balls at us. This spring, I never would have guessed we would be in the position we are now — happily living in Hawaii. I think that even when everything seems to be going wrong, we spend so much focus on the negative that we miss the positives, regardless of how small. Plus, I just really love Cheryl Strayed. #foodforthought
4. My parents sent us a Halloween box this week and it was probably the highlight of my month! It was filled with so many thoughtful treasures – sour candy for me, homemade baked goods for Dane and brand new Halloween toys for Judy & Bill. I loved opening it and diving through it all. Their knack for sending care packages inspires me to want to send more. Hawaiian coffee, anyone?
5. This weekend, a good friend of ours is celebrating her 40th birthday with an all white fiesta on the beach. Not only are we so excited for her party, we feel so lucky to have made such good friendships here. This week, I spent a few days at her home with her (and all of her visiting friends & family) and I must say….I wasn’t complaining one bit about this view from her back porch!
Now tell me, how was your week? What are you loving?