I have a confession to make: Sweets are my weakness. Maybe it’s not really a confession considering I have a dessert cookbook, but there is quite literally no stopping me if I see something sweet laying around. These gluten free coconut scones will satiate any sweet tooth cravings and they are the perfect size to grab on the go or sit down and devour two or more. I hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do!
Gluten Free Coconut Scones
You Will Need:
For The Scones:
4 1/4 cups Cup4Cup flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups shredded coconut
3 sticks cold Kerrygold butter, cubed
1 cup coconut milk
4 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. coconut extract
For The Glaze Topping:
2 tbsp. coconut milk
1/4 tsp. coconut extract
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
sparkling sugar to garnish
*you will also need a scone pan*
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease your scone pan.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar and coconut in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the Kerrygold with an electric mixer until the mixture is crumbly.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the coconut milk, eggs and coconut extract.
5. Slowly add the wet mix to the dry mix until well blended.
6. Take an ice cream scoop and put a dollop of mixture into each scone pan hole.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown.
8. While your scones are baking, whisk together the topping in a small bowl.
*you may need more confectioner’s sugar to thicken*
9. Remove scones from oven and drizzle with topping while they are still warm.
10. Garnish with sparkling sugar and enjoy while they are still warm!