Growing up in Pennsylvania, the only place you could buy liquor or beer (or wine) was at a specialty liquor store. I thought this was how every place in the world was until I moved to Michigan in my early twenties and realized that Pennsylvania was behind the times in a major way. I loved being able to shop at Meijer (any mid-westerners here? I love Meijer – I could kiss that place!) and grab what I needed AND a bottle of wine. Well, we don’t have Meijer here in Hawaii, but we DO have Target. And a Target that sells wine, at that… So without further ado, here are my best picks from Target’s wine selection. The best part? They’re all under $15 per bottle, so let’s dive right in! I’m dishing red wines, white wines, and what I like to pair them with. Keep in mind that the cost of everything is just slightly higher in Hawaii, so I imagine these bottles of wine from Target will be even cheaper for you if you’re on the mainland!
5 Bottles Of Wine I Love From Target
White Wine From Target
1. Cupcake Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc: Sourced from the South Island of New Zealand, this Sauvignon Blanc exhibits complexity and a vibrant zing. Flavors of Meyer lemons and Key limes integrate with hints of grapefruit, gooseberry and citrus, culminating in a long, creamy finish.
The bottom line? This refreshing wine with a crisp aftertaste is my go-to all day, any day and best served chilled.
2. KRIS Pinot Grigio: With enticing aromas of acacia flowers, lime, tangerine and hints of apricots and almonds, KRIS Pinot Grigio is bold but clean and refreshing on the palate, and offers a long finish tinged with orange blossom and honey.
The bottom line? This wine is DELICIOUS paired with fish, particularly salmon.
Red Wine From Target
3. Apothic Wines(my favorite: Apothic Crush): A decadent red blend that combines red fruit flavors with notes of caramel and a velvety smooth mouthfeel.
The bottom line? This hearty wine is best paired with a delicious meat & cheese platter — or just as a night cap 🙂 In full disclosure, I LOVE this entire line of wine!
4. Coppola Ivory Label Cabernet Sauvignon: A powerfully complex wine with a classic flavor profile and youthful maturity. Debuted with the 2006 vintage, the first year Coppola wines were produced at the Sonoma property.
The bottom line? I have been hooked on this wine ever since we visited the Sonoma vineyard a few years ago. Every time I drink it, it takes me back to that time – what’s not to love?
5. Layer Cake Malbec: This wine is elegant in the mouth with fresh-picked blackberries, simmering chocolate sauce on the stove, and somewhere someone’s cooking bacon…so many layers, so little time.
The bottom line? Dane loves a good Malbec and he gives it 2 thumbs up! This is a robust red wine that pairs nicely with spicy food or Thai.
As you can see, my tastes are all over the place! What is your favorite go-to bottle?