The Detroit Lions are playing meaningful football games in November. I repeat: THE LIONS ARE PLAYING MEANINGFUL FOOTBALL GAMES THIS LATE IN THE SEASON. Right now, they are sitting pretty at number one in the NFC North. If you’re not a Lions fan (or a football fan), this is huge news. I mean, HUGE. Just take my word for it. To celebrate, I’m whipping up a fun football brunch this weekend as they take on the Jaguars Sunday and host their annual Thanksgiving Day game where they will square off against the Vikings. But why a football brunch?! Well…Who doesn’t love brunch? I mean, if anyone is not raising their hand, you should probably just leave now. What’s not to love — sweet food, savory food, drinks, laughter…I mean truly, if you don’t love that what kind of person are you? Plus, football is always on super early here, so it’s the perfect match up! My gluten free coconut scones are a brunch go-to for me, but I also love these delectable little lemon bites. In fact, my mouth is watering right now just thinking of them, so let’s get to it.
Dairy Free Lemon Blossom Bites
|This is a recipe that was adapted from the Paula Deen classic in order to make gluten free 🙂|
You Will Need:
For The Bites
1 package gluten free yellow cake mix (I like this one)
1 package lemon instant pudding
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
For The Glaze
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
1/3 cup lemon juice
zest from one lemon
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tbsp. water
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil in a large bowl. Mix well.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly browned.
5. While the bites are baking, mix together the glaze ingredients in a small bowl with a whisk.
6. Remove from oven and dump muffins onto cooling rack.
*They should pop right out!
7. While the bites are still warm, dip each one into the glaze mixture and turn right side up on cooling rack.
8. Let cool completely before serving.
Now, who’s ready for a little brunch fun?!