It has been HOT AS HECK here this week – anyone else sweating their buns off? I mean, the heat mixed with the rain just makes for a damp, sticky mess here and I’m not digging it. Here’s to hoping for sun this weekend and wishing you all much of the same! Hopefully there’s also a pina colada or two in my future…
1. When we first moved to Hawaii, keeping our sheets clean from sweat (gross, but a reality) and clothing clean from red dirt mystified me. I mean – if you have ever lived here, you know the struggle is no freaking joke. So I was telling this to my mom last fall and she recommended Persil to me. I had never heard of it before, but I figured – why the heck not?! I gave it a try and I was BLOWN AWAY. It’s pretty easy to find on the mainland (my mom says she has seen it at most stores like Target, Walmart, etc), but getting it here in Hawaii has proven to be a bit of a game. Sometimes Target has it, sometimes they don’t, but Amazon ALWAYS HAS IT. Anyway – I am here to tell you that IT FREAKING WORKS! Our whites are brighter, I’m not using gallons of bleach (because hi, hello, I’m no stranger to that game) and our sheets and clothes come out feeling soft, clean and not…oversaturated with detergent/cleaners. Anyone who has ever played the stain game knows what I’m talking about. Anyhow, Dane has pretty sensitive skin so I do the first “stain remover” load in Persil (this is the only kind that works, not the regular or other versions) and then wash it again in “all” brand, because it doesn’t irritate him like other detergents do. The short version of this long-winded stain rant is that if you are being befuddled by life’s stains – give it a whirl.
2. If you decided to read anything on the internet this week, let it be this love letter a guy wrote to his girlfriend after traveling the world together. You won’t be disappointed!
3. I saw this posted by a friend on Facebook yesterday and couldn’t help but laugh to myself. I have SO been there!
4. In case you missed it, posts this week included:
10 Things You Need To Know Right Now (this is a can’t miss life update mixed with other things!)
5. And now for my exciting announcement….
I’m starting a new series called “Live Like A Local”!
In an effort to expand the travel section of my blog beyond where I live and have personally been, I wanted to create a resource for anyone reading who might be 1. traveling to other areas or 2. live in other areas. In other words, a broader way to connect with people for all of us in cities around the world! Be on the lookout next week for my first feature city from one of my favorite bloggers 🙂
I already have my first few cities lined up, but if this sounds like something you might be interested in, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to host you. Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org + we can talk more about what it entails!
Have a fab weekend, everyone!