It feels like it’s been forever since I did a 5 On Friday post! Life has been going about 400 mph lately, which is usually a pace I’m okay with, but not when I don’t have any adequate breaks in between. GAH! I’m home for the next couple weeks, which is giving me a little bit of a chance to breathe before things ramp up again. Anyway, let’s get down to the business…
1. We sold our house! While I’m not ready to delve into the details of this, it wasn’t a decision we came to easily. It’s both bittersweet and a huge relief for both Dane and I. I’m happy to say we checked the “adulting” box of owning a home (and selling a home for that matter), but I’m not in a rush to be a property owner again anytime soon! More on things here.
2. Dane was promoted to Major this week! I’m so proud of him and all the work he has put forth in his Army career and I can’t think of a more deserving man. Congratulations Major Hanson!
3. This weekend we are heading down to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani for a little pool cabana time thanks to a project I’m working on with them. To say I’m excited to kick back, enjoy a few beverages and bask in the sunshine with my favorite person would be a colossal understatement. Hello R+R! Keep an eye on my Instagram for all the details!
4. I can’t stop drooling over the new Athleta clothes for the fall. I’ll be honest – athleisure-style clothing is my jam. I will always look like I’m on my way to workout regardless of where I’m actually going and honestly – I’m fine with that. Anyone else?! I love how Athleta’s clothes fit my body, so I’m constantly scouring their site. These are my current favorites!
I have a similar top in grey from two seasons ago and it is one of my favorites. It’s super soft and great for throwing on when you need to go from gym to store with no time for a shower, but! It’s also great for throwing in your carry-on bag while traveling. The cut outs in the back make it nearly impossible to sweat to death. The tank is a winner to me because I can wear it for a long run or a date night out – multi-purpose is always a winner to me! And the striped tights in black and white are a lust item I’ve had for awhile, so I think I need to just go ahead and buy them. I normally don’t go for stripes on the legs, but I have the capri version in blue and white (for PSU!) and I LOVE them! They’re so comfortable and the high-rise fit is a no-brainer. In fact, all my Athleta tights are high-rise, which is one of the reasons I love them so much!
And the striped capris for anyone wondering how they look on someone who isn’t a model…
And speaking of Athleta pants…I promise this is the last thing and then I’m done…
I actually wore these out one night on my trip to NY last week + they are SO comfy. They’re a justifiable piece (in my mind), because I get so much wear out of them. They give the appearance of liquid leggings, but suck any potentially jiggly bits in. Flattering AND affordable…yes please!
5. And finally – this sweet photo of Judy. I was working the other day and looked over, only to see her staring back at me with her perfectly positioned baby (a mini chocolate Lab) sitting beside her. My dogs are the best (I’m 100% biased) and just make every single day better.
Happy weekend, everyone!