Who else was workin’ for the weekend this week? Damn. But here we are at long last, my friends! Let’s hop right to it…
1. Last weekend Dane and I had the chance to head down to the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani for some fun, sun and relaxation while I was doing a little bit of a fun work partnership. We had a total blast and it was so nice to kick back in a cabana and just enter into total zen mode for a few hours. The drinks weren’t half bad either and I’m still dreaming of this adorable pineapple cup!
2. I NEVER have luck ordering clothing online. I mean, I continue to do it, but I’m not sure why because it always arrives at my house and I think to myself…what the hell was I thinking? But that all came to a screeching halt this week when the jumpsuit heard round the world passed through my door. I say that jokingly, of course, but I posted it on Instagram stories and woke up the next morning to 29 inboxes asking where it was from. Eeek!
I hadn’t even thought to disclose the retailer, because I often think I’m the only one with a slight jumpsuit obsession. Turns out – I’m not alone! The mystery jumpsuit is from Lulus, but I’m sad to report that the navy is sold out, as is the other colors it came in. I believe it’s still available in black, though! But keep your eyes peeled, because they often do restocks and this bad boy is FOR KEEPS! Plus it makes my negative A cups look divine, so we are going to chalk this up as a unicorn jumpsuit. It will likely never happen again, HA! Just a little hemming and we should be good.
3. The sunsets here in Hawaii have been ON FIRE the past few weeks. We don’t see as much of the sunrises (wrong side of the island), but the sunsets have made walking outside each night with the dogs extra enjoyable. Hawaii and I aren’t always on the same page, but man oh man – when we leave some day I will miss these candy colored skies.
And speaking of evening walks, Dane and I have really been pushing ourselves physically. I’m not sure when I got the idea in my head that I wanted to be able to climb a rope, but I did. Since, I’ve been practicing at one near our house every few days. I know it appears that I have made about 0 progress in this photo, but damn – I have come SO far. When I first started I couldn’t even properly wrap the rope around my leg so…
4. I learned while lingerie shopping for my BFF’s bachelorette party and wedding gift that bralettes are having a major freaking moment right now. Everywhere I look, I see fashionable ones. Lucky for me I am a card carrying member of the Itty Bitty Committee, so bralettes are pretty much my BFF. Okay, now that we have that cleared up – did anyone shop at American Eagle religiously in high school? I know I did, but I was recently drawn to Aerie, their comfy clothes/athletic/intimates line and….WOW! People, Aerie has come a long freaking way and if you haven’t stopped and shopped there recently, you are in for a treat. Not only did I snag some sexy little items for my friend, I stocked up for MYSELF. My favorite item from my haul was this bralette for two reasons: 1. It has matching undies that aren’t a low rise thong that was made for a 12 year-old and rides on your tail bone..OUCH! and 2. It’s SO SOFT. It’s advertised as part of their “Real Soft” line and dang – they aren’t kidding. I only wish it came in more designs and the best part? It’s on mega clearance right now!
Bralette | Matching panties are unfortunately sold out, but check your store! 10/10 recommend!
5. Last night I decided I want to get a little crazy in the kitchen – don’t ask me why. I had a lone purple sweet potato sitting around and I thought…gnocchi! How fun right?! The sweet potato happened to be enormous – THIS WAS ONLY ONE!
But I made a little bit of brown butter and sage sauce with garlic and carmelized onions and oh man – it was SO SO good. A nice way to kick off fall here in Hawaii! If you want to make your own, my recipe is here.
Tell me about your week + what you’re looking forward to this weekend! Have a good one, friends!