Looking for a fun Halloween cocktail for an upcoming Halloween happy hour? Look no further than my Whiskey Patch, a spooky twist on a classic whiskey sour recipe!
How is it possible that Halloween is a week away? This year has flown by! In the spirit of all things spooky, I was tasked by Drizly to create a Halloween cocktail using my favorite Halloween candy. Of course, I immediately reached for Sour Patch Kids and put on my creative thinking hat. The result? A Whiskey Patch, my take on a traditional Whiskey Sour, but a little extra punch for a Halloween Happy Hour!
Halloween Happy Hour: Whiskey Patch
You Will Need:
1 small bag of Sour Patch Kids
2.5 shots lemonade
1.5 shots whiskey
Splash simple syrup
Splash cherry juice
Cherry for garnish
Whiskey Sour For Halloween
1. Empty Sour Patch Kids from bag and rim tumbler with a lemon.
2. Dip tumbler (my fave here) in the sugar at the bottom of the Sour Patch Kids bag.
3. Fill tumbler with ice and set aside.
4. In a shaker, combine lemonade, whiskey and simple syrup.
5. Shake well.
6. Pour mixture into tumbler.
7. Add in splash of cherry juice.
8. Garnish with a cherry and speared Sour Patch Kids.