Is anyone else having a stay-inside kind of weekend? Dane and I are both working, so there is really nothing fun happening around here. I wasn’t initially planning on strapping myself to my desk, but when Dane said he was working straight through I figured – it seems like a good excuse to buckle down on some projects I have been putting off. Plus, the weather here on Oahu has been mediocre at best – lots of clouds, rain and vog. For my mainland friends, the dreaded vog is volcanic smog. See also: a nightmare for anyone who wears contacts, has allergies and/or suffers from migraines. ACK! In any case, I wanted to put together this fun little post of all the things I’ve been loving lately. If you need a fun Saturday read – I’ve got you covered!1. Tan Sandals – Okay so these are absolutely a splurge, so why is it that I can’t get them off my mind? I saw them while online browsing (not shopping – see what I did there? LOL) and now I cannot stop thinking about them for some of our upcoming travels. They come in so many styles/colors, but the tan is calling my name!
2. Kauai Coffee – We drink a shit load of coffee in this house. If we are brewing a pot, it’s gone before sun up, but we’ve been trying to stick to our Keurig and re-usable pods (P.S. if you aren’t using these, you should seriously consider it! They rock, are super easy to use and cost less than $10 for 4!) Anyhow, this Kauai coffee was on sale at Costco and man – it’s so good. A true treat everything morning. For my local readers, there is another flavor “Banana Mac Nut” that we also really love, but sadly it’s only available here in Hawaii.
3. Lip Balm – My lips bear the brunt of my mid-afternoon running and beach sunning – chapped city. I also was dealing with a little bit of nasty lip chafing residual from my Lipsense experience (full disclosure: I still wear it for events, but definitely not everyday), so when my friend Becky introduced me to this lip balm – I was excited to test it out. The first thing I noticed was the scent. I got the Rose variety and it truly smells like a rose bush. If you are averse to smells maybe steer clear of this, but I personally love it.
4. Dental Floss – If you’ve been around for awhile you know that I’m a bit of a smile snob. Dane and I both are, actually. We take dental hygiene pretty dang seriously, so when the sweet folks at Cocofloss realized this and sent me a colorful package of their floss to try out – I was stoked. Albeit, slightly skeptical, because I didn’t want the pretty packaging and delicious smells to override what I really need floss to do and that’s take care of my teeth. Friends – get yourself some of this fun floss! I am blown away. It’s fun AND functional and gets two thumbs up from both Dane and I. I would highly recommend this for people who don’t like flossing (what is not to love about beautiful boxing and delicious scents?!), parents trying to get their kids excited about taking care of their teeth, or a fun gift for flossing aficionados like myself who just get jazzed on hygiene. If you are like me and are serious about your teeth, be sure to check out how I whiten my teeth and my top 5 dental hygiene hacks.
5. Rover – First and foremost – this is my friend Tori‘s beautiful Lab. Isn’t she darling in that flower crown?! Okay, I have preached my love for Rover over + over again (see this post), but I’m excited to share that if you’ve been wanting to test out the service (walks, day time sitting, overnights, etc.), you can now use this link to get a $30 credit! Seriously, Rover is the only way Dane and I feel confident enough to travel as much as we do. It’s hard to leave Judy + Bill behind, because we often worry that they won’t get the love or attention they are used to from the two of us. Not so with the community of dog lovers Rover has cultivated. Check it out for yourself!
6. Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies – I have my version of this recipe coming to the blog soon-ish (why does editing photos always slow me down!?), but you guys – we can’t get enough! I picked up some of this flaky sea salt and it has made all the difference, plus I’ve been incorporating it into other recipes so I don’t feel like I bought it just to use for one thing (which often annoys me about particular ingredients). I’ve made them no less than once per week since I discovered how easy they are, which is probably not good for the waistline, but I like making ice cream sandwiches with them using Arctic Zero. MEGA YUM! Okay, I have to stop or I’m going to be in my kitchen whipping up another batch.
And while I could probably go on and on – I need to wrap this up! So tell me – what are you loving lately? How is your weekend? What are your plans?