Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you all had a great week. Part of me feels like this week flew by and the other half is sitting here thinking – THANK YOU SWEET BABY JESUS FRIDAY! WE MADE IT! I met my friend at a new Whole Foods Market yesterday and I went to pay and realized my credit card wasn’t in my wallet. I had a mild panic, but was like whatever I’m sure its in my car. I got to my car – still no credit card. So now I’m like well…this is really weird. I proceeded to dump my entire Longchamp into the passenger seat digging (and that thing holds a lot of shit), where I came up empty handed again. At this point I’m having visions of someone going wild with my credit card at the mall, so I’m calling Dane like – put a hold on the credit card, I lost it blah blah blah. I get home, take off my pants (as you do) and realize it was in my pocket. So – needless to say I’m ready to hop right into the weekend! But first – a little 5 on Friday!
1. Friends of ours who were stationed with us here in Hawaii for a little bit are the new faces behind a touching Coca-Cola partnership with the USO + Dollar General. I could not think of a more appropriate family to represent this veteran-centric campaign and if you’re interested in seeing more you can watch the video below 🙂
2. Is anyone else watching this season of Handmaid’s Tale? Is it just me or should this season be renamed something along the lines of the Hang-maid’s Tale! I mean seriously – it seems like each episode gets darker and more sinister than the last. I often find myself covering my eyes and audibly gasping! Tell me I’m not alone here?!
3. Who here has been following the water emergency in Flint, Michigan? Well the other day my dad sent me a link to this news story and thought it was something I might like. He was right! This Kickstarter campaign is truly amazing! Genusee eyewear is made in Flint, Michigan from recycled plastic water bottles as a result of the Flint Water Crisis. From their campaign page – “It is not just about being able to recycle materials. We want to upcycle single use plastic into products that have more value and purpose. We are able to upcycle 15 water bottles with every purchase.” How cool is that?!
4. This week I did a major overhaul in my closet and got rid of anything that really didn’t fit me, wasn’t something I gravitate toward or just plain didn’t like anymore. It felt so freeing to empty out hangers and see what my closet looks like when it only contains things I love. One of my big 2017/2018 goals was to only make intentional clothing purchases of things I knew I would love and wear over and over again. It’s made all the difference and hanging on to old clothing solely for the purpose of having it seemed silly! I know I mentioned it before, but I’m selling a few items on my Postmark closet, so feel free to follow me there!
5. Through our Italy posts I got a ton of questions about the slip-on sneakers I was wearing – and for good reason! I wore them all through Venice, Florence, Tuscany and Rome, clocking more than 200,000 steps total, which is some SERIOUS STEPPING! I knew I loved them after our trip to French Polynesia, but I hadn’t done any significant walking in them, so I felt like I couldn’t give an accurate review. It’s safe to say that after their European debut, they get 5/5 stars from me! I absolutely love a good slip on, but above that they are comfortable, go with just about anything and can be cleaned very easily. The bonus? They’re really affordable!
On that note – I’m officially heading into the weekend! But first – what was the best part of your week? Anything you’re loving lately! Happy weekend, everyone 🙂