It kind of seems like forever ago that I launched my cookbook filled with gluten free desserts + dog treats. It’s absolutely one of the projects I’m still most proud of and I think it will remain that way for many years to come. Making homemade dog treats is something that I have done ever since I was a little girl. My mom would find recipes online and we would make them for the family pet, so it only made sense that when I got dogs of my own, I would be whipping up dog snacks. Today I’m sharing a recipe for easy, gluten free dog treats that are perfect for pooches of all sizes. They contain apples and carrots, which your pet is sure to love (I know the Hanson Labs do!), so let’s dive head first into these Easy Apple + Carrot Dog Treats!
Easy Apple + Carrot Dog Treats
Judy is a big fan of these apple + carrot dog treats and will do pretty much anything to get one!
To recreate this recipe at home, you will need:
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup red apple, shredded
**For carrots and apples, make sure to soak any remaining water/moisture from them..this is extremely important!**
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
cookie cutter of your choosing (I use this one!)
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Combine flour, carrots, apple, and chicken broth in a large mixing bowl.
3. Fold ingredients together.
4. Sprinkle countertop with about 1 tbsp. flour and roll mixture flat (about 1/2”) using a rolling pin.
5. Using your favorite cookie cutter, cut biscuits until the mixture is used entirely.
6. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. After your dog gets one, refrigerate the rest of the biscuits.
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy 10 Life Hacks For Dog Owners!