TGIF Friends! Is it just me or are short weeks the longest weeks? Let’s run straight toward my 5 On Friday…
1. On Monday, Dane and I hiked the opposite side of Kaena Point with our friend Katie and her family. It was so nice to get out of the house and enjoy some sunshine after what seems like an eternity of rain here on Oahu. We got a little muddy and hot, but the views were beautiful and we were able to see whales breaching offshore. Definitely a highlight! Afterward, we headed back to their house for a champagne brunch + sat on their super cute patio to enjoy more sunshine. What is better than laid back weekends with friends?
2. In our rental house, we have long door handles that look a bit more industrial than home-y, but it’s an expense I’m not willing to incur for the sake of vanity. We have a lot of doors! That said, I’ve realized that Bill is becoming adept at opening the doors. The handle is long enough that he knows if he jumps up, he can hit the handle *just so* and the door swings open. This is super convenient for him, because he loves laying on our bed and looking out the window into our yard. Dang dog!
3. The weather in Hawaii has been bananas lately, so I’ve been making the most of it by wearing my favorite jeans, leggings and long sleeves. I know that a hot spring and summer are on the horizon, so no complaints on the temperature, but the rain can go!
4. For Christmas, my brother-in-law gifted us some amazing truffle products from The Truffleist. Have you heard of this company? Apparently it’s really popular in NYC, but Dane and I had never heard of it or sampled it. One of the products he gave us was a Truffle Buffalo Sauce. I didn’t know how I would feel about it, but OH MY GOSH. Guys, this stuff is decadence and is the absolute BOMB on eggs. It’s also really good with hashbrowns and a handful of other things. I’m thinking on wings – absolute perfection!
5. I ran for the first time of 2019 on a treadmill yesterday and not even 1 mile in, my hip started cracking and throbbing. What the heck?! I don’t have this issue (or pain) outside so I’m wondering if it’s a fluke or if my days of indoor running are numbered. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
That’s all I’ve got for today – I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Now let’s chat – is the door handle debacle one I can fix without changing handle hardware? Have you tried any Truffleist products? And seriously – what gives on the dreadmill?