Who doesn’t love a good travel hack, am I right? Look, anything that makes my life on the road or in the air easier — sign me up! Through our years of travel, Dane and I have learned quite a few different travel hacks and tips for smooth traveling. Today, I’m sharing 11 hacks that will change the way you travel. Let’s dive right in…!
11 Hacks That Will Change The Way You Travel
1. A Vera Bradley lunchbox as a toiletry bag. I discovered this hack a few years ago when I was out shopping at the Vera Bradley outlet with my mom. I saw they made a nice rectangular lunch box that had an interior pocket, as well as an exterior pocket, with a full wrap around zipper (look for this older “Lunch Break” style). It also had a nice waterproof lining. A lightbulb went off in my head + I scooped it up for traveling. It’s been a staple in my travel repertoire ever since!
2. Put a binder clip over your razor so it doesn’t scratch or damage anything in your toiletry bag.
3. Speaking of toiletry bags, I keep one packed at all times. Instead of worrying if I ever forget something, I just constantly keep my toiletry bag packed and when I get home, I replace anything that ran out, and tuck it back underneath my sink. It stays there until my next trip. You’ll never leave home without an essential toiletry again!
4. And the same goes for my charge cords! How many Apple chargers does one need daily? I feel like we have half a dozen in our house and we are only two people. In an effort to make things easier, we have a case of travel cords we always keep ready so we don’t rush to the airport and out the door without one.
5. A leg hammock. My sister gifted me a leg hammock for Christmas and it’s been a game changer. We don’t always get to travel business or first and we tend to take a lot of long haul flights where my legs suffer. This little hammock is a game changer. It clips right onto a meal tray and is perfect for short people like me who can prop their legs up. It definitely helps with blood flow and cramping!
6. Always bring an empty water bottle (can’t go wrong with a Hydro Flask!) that you can fill FOR FREE at the airport. No more spending exorbitant amounts of money on bottled water + you’ll be saving the environment by using less plastic.
Best Travel Hacks
7. If you’re parking your car at the airport lot, take a selfie with your car before you go in and board your flight. This helps you find your vehicle, particularly if you arrive home late at night and you’re exhausted after traveling.
8. If you are packing dress shirts and not using a garment bag, be sure to use a belt to wrap underneath the collar to prevent it from becoming damaged.
9. If you’re traveling abroad, download Google Translate prior to departure. Once you have it downloaded, go to ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Offline Translation’. From there, you can choose from languages. If you will have access to wifi, there’s no need to operate with offline translation.
10. If you’re traveling in a set of two (for example, Dane and I), we tend to book the aisle and window seats. Chances are you’ll get an entire row to yourself since most people will avoid booking a middle if possible.
11. Packing cubes. If you haven’t seen me dominate packing with packing cubes, check it out!
I hope there was at least one travel hack on this list that helps you out on your next trip! If you liked this post, you might also enjoy Travel Accessories I Never Leave Home Without or 7 Insane Travel Hacks For Finding Cheap Flights!