Caramel Pumpkin Dump Cake is an easy pumpkin dessert that takes just a few ingredients, but is bound to make everyone beg for seconds!
Last weekend, friends of ours invited us over for dinner and asked if we could bring a dessert. Look, I’ll be honest — I’m sick of the 90 degree temperatures every single day, so starting to ease into my pumpkin recipes for fall seemed like a total no-brainer. Give me all the easy pumpkin recipes, forever and ever amen. You guys, this caramel pumpkin dump cake recipe could not be more simple. Not only that, it’s SINFULLY DELICIOUS. Let’s get this pumpkin recipe party started…
Caramel Pumpkin Dump Cake
What is a dump cake?
First of all, I will address the title…I dislike all sorts of recipes with the word “dump” in the title, but because that is all you really do to create this cake, I couldn’t get away from it. You dump in cake mix, you dump in pumpkin, you dump in caramel, etc etc…so alas, dump was necessary. Caramel Pumpkin Pour In Cake just doesn’t have the same ring.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
Another word I dislike is moist, but this pumpkin cake would absolutely be beside it in the dictionary. I couldn’t get over it! Even after sitting in the refrigerator for 2 days, the cake was moist with ZERO hard, crusty edges. I know, I’m amazed too. Now, let’s get to the recipe!
How To Make A Dump Cake
To make this Caramel Pumpkin Dump Cake, you will need:
1 box gluten free yellow cake mix (or regular cake mix works too!)
1 16oz can pumpkin pie filling
1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk (or regular milk if you please!)
3/4 cup caramel
1 container coconut whipped cream
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin pie filling.
3. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and lightly tap on the counter to remove all the air bubbles.
4. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Remove from oven and poke holes into the cake using a butter knife.
6. Pour an even layer of condensed coconut milk on top.
7. Drizzle the caramel on top of the condensed coconut milk.
8. Top with coconut whipped cream.
9. Garnish with additional caramel on top (optional)
10. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
It’s safe to say every single person who tried this loved it and I’ll definitely be adding it to my fall dessert rotation. If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy my Dairy Free Pumpkin Roll or 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Treats For Your Pups!