The other week on Instagram, I made these 5 Layer Cookie Butter Magic Bars and about 20 different people asked if I would blog to the recipe. I hadn’t planned on it, because I was really just throwing ingredients in a springform pan and hoping for the best, but they turned out pretty damn delicious, so I’m here today to give you all the details. These layer bars are SO EASY and can pretty much be modified to meet whatever kind of cravings you have. The key component is cookie butter, so as long as you’ve got a jar of that — you’re golden! Let’s get down to this simple 5 Layer Cookie Butter Magic Bars recipe…
5 Layer Cookie Butter Magic Bars
For this recipe, you will need:
1/2 cup ghee, melted
1 1/2 cups graham crackers, crushed
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 container cookie butter (homemade cookie butter for gluten free friends!)
1 cup crunchy granola
1 cup shredded coconut
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine ghee and graham cracker crumb. Press mixture evenly into a spring form pan lined with parchment paper.
3. Add in a layer of chocolate chips.
4. Next, take dollops of cookie butter and place them evenly on top of the chocolate chips. It doesn’t have to be perfect! The cookie butter will melt slightly and create a more even layer.
5. Next, add in a layer of granola.
6. When all of your layers are complete, pour the can of sweetened condensed coconut milk on top, try to make it as even as possible.
7. Top with shredded coconut and place in the oven.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until coconut appears brown.
9. Let cool completely (to allow bars to stiffen slightly) before serving.
I have no shame in admitting that these bars last less than a week in our home and I can almost guarantee you that your house will be no different. The rich chocolate, crunchy granola and sweet cookie butter make for a pretty delicious combo! If you make these at home, I hope you enjoy them 🙂
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy Salted Billionaire Dessert Bars or Cookie Butter Breakfast Rolls!