Today’s breakdown of 5 Things I Love Friday is a special edition, because it’s a very special day at the Hanson house. Today is Dane’s birthday! In honor of the happy occasion, I decided it was only necessary to share my favorite memories and photos together!
5 Things I Love Friday
First of all, let me just say that after nearly a decade together, picking such a small amount of photos and memories is really freaking hard!
1. Any excuse the military gives us to dress up and celebrate is worth noting. I’m going to brag on Dane for a second (because he won’t do this for himself), but he is an over-achiever in every sense of the word, so we’ve had quite a few reasons to celebrate him over the years and it never gets old. Promotion ceremonies, award ceremonies, balls, dining outs, and more – I’m so, so proud of him!
2. Some of our best memories together are casual days at the beach, on the water, doing a hike, running errands…the mundane activities that make our life together so special! I joked with him that there is truly no one else I’d rather be quarantined with this year.
3. Traveling is probably one of our most-loved pastimes, and one of our favorite trips together was Italy in 2018. We had the BEST two week adventure eating our way through the country and taking in all the sights and sounds.
4. My favorite photo from our wedding day. I cried before walking down the aisle, but not because I was scared or nervous (okay maybe a little about saying our vows in front of people!), but mostly because I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was marrying the best man in the world.
5. One of our first trips together was an island hop over the the Big Island. We woke up at the crack of dawn to see the glowing lava at Volcanoes National Park and spent the rest of the day driving the entire perimeter of the island, which is no small feat if you are familiar with Hawaii!
Dane, happy, happy, happy birthday to you! Cheers to 36 years and the next 100 – you are my greatest adventure. I hope you have the best day! XO