Love cheesy pasta dishes, but want to avoid dairy? If so, you’re going to love the simplicity and creaminess of this Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo recipe!
Hi my name is Kait and I love pasta. Truly, I love pasta and dairy together (who doesn’t?), but the truth is that my stomach absolutely is not on board with this combination. In fact, the more I eat dairy free, the better I feel.
When I realized a couple years ago that dairy makes me feel “bleh”, one of the first things I did was create modifications for all of my favorite recipes. While I haven’t given up dairy entirely, some of my modified recipes are so good I actually prefer them.
Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo
At the top of my favorites list is this Dairy Free Fettucine Alfredo. Honestly what’s not to love about a hearty meal that can be prepped and made all in one pot?
The “problem” with true Fettucine Alredo is that it involves multiple types of dairy, so I made it my mission to find substitutes that still tasted delicious. I can proudly say that with a little bit of trial and error, I’ve arrived at a true dinner winner.
Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo
To make this delicious Dairy Free Fettuccine Alfredo at home, you will need:
3 cloves of garlic, chopped (but truly – you measure garlic with your heart)
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp soybean margarine or plant-based butter
1.5 cans full fat coconut milk
1 box fettuccine noodles
1 cup dairy-free Parmesan, shredded
parsley to garnish
1. Add the garlic and olive oil into your sauté pan over medium heat until aromatic.
2. When aromatic, add the coconut milk, margarine/plant-based butter, and noodles to the pan.
3. Bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes, then reduce heat.
4. Slowly mix in the Parmesan cheese while mixture simmers.
5. Noodles will be cooked and sauce will be creamy in about 20 minutes.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
This meal is delicious and filling on its own, but adding roasted vegetables, like broccoli or squash, and mixing them in prior to serving brings this dish to a new level.