Looking to recreate the Ted Lasso biscuits? Today I’m sharing the now-famous Ted Lasso biscuit recipe!
It’s safe to say that everyone in my family is obsessed with Ted Lasso. In fact, Dane and I have taken to yelling “OY!” Roy Kent-style when one of the dogs starts acting up. It’s truly the heart-warming, happy show I didn’t know I needed.
If you’re an avid fan, you’ve been seeing Ted’s trademark biscuits and maybe your curiosity about what’s inside those cute little pink boxes has been piqued.
To celebrate the season two season finale, my mom made it her mission to have her own little “Biscuits With The Boss”! She tested out the Ted Lasso biscuit recipe from AppleTV, found some pink boxes, and sent us a package to enjoy with Season 2, Episode 12.
Ted Lasso Biscuits
For starters, you need to know that these biscuits are just as good as Rebecca makes them seem. We ate the entire box in 24 hours, first while watching the show, and then with our coffee the next morning.
Ted Lasso Biscuit Recipe
My mom told me she made a couple modifications to the recipe AppleTV shared, and today I’m sharing all the details. They’re the perfect blend of cake and crumbs, not too dry, and full of buttery flavor.
To make recreate the Ted Lasso shortbread biscuits at home, you will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
~1 tsp. vanilla (this was an add from my mom!)
pink boxes and parchment, optional
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Sift flour and salt into a bowl, mix, and set aside.
3. Using a KitchenAid (or other high powered blender), mix butter on high speed until fluffy.
4. Gradually add in vanilla and powdered sugar, continuing to mix fluffy.
5. Add flour/salt mixture all at once and mix until combined.
6. Butter a square pan.
7. Push shortbread dough mixture into pan, about 1/2 inch thick.
8. Using the tines of a fork, create cut lines. This keeps the dough from rising too much!
9. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
10. Using the tines of a fork, create cut lines. This keeps the dough from rising too much!
11. Bake until golden around 45 to 60 minutes and let cool completely before packaging up in the pink boxes!
Admittedly, shortbread isn’t my go-to flavor, but wow, these are amazing and definitely worth the treat if you’re avid fans of the AppleTV series. My mom said the recipe was not complicated, which is great, because I hope that means she sends me more soon 🙂
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy Sugar Cookies with Marble Icing!