Looking for a quick stuffed shrimp recipe full of flavor? This baked stuffed shrimp recipe is great for happy hour, or a crowd!
Baked Stuffed Shrimp is a staple on Christmas Eve in my family. There is nothing better than this savory, cheesy seafood dish that be made into a meal or served as an appetizer. If you’ve been on the hunt for an easy baked stuffed shrimp recipe, today’s post is for you.
Baked Stuffed Shrimp Recipe
Truth be told, we got this recipe from really good family friends years ago and it’s been a staple ever since. The combination of jumbo shrimp, cheese, and salty prosciutto is just so tasty.
You can make this recipe with regular sized shrimp, but it’s not quite as easy, because you have to butterfly each one.
How To Make Stuffed Shrimp
To make this easy baked stuffed shrimp recipe, you will need:
10-12 jumbo shrimp
Kerrygold Dubliner cheese (or your favorite kind of cheese – mozzarella is very good too!), sliced into tiny sticks
1/4 pound prosciutto
1 stick Kerrygold butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
handful of spinach (optional)
1. Set your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Thaw your shrimp and butterfly each one.
3. Cut your Kerrygold cheese into thin strips, small enough to fit into the butterflied area of the shrimp.
4. Wrap each shrimp tightly with a piece of prosciutto.
*The tightness is important on this step, because you don’t want your cheese oozing out!*
5. In a small pan, add your handful of spinach, butter and garlic.
*The spinach is optional, but I love having the added pop of flavor once it cooks*
6. Put your shrimp on top of the bed of spinach.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until prosciutto looks crispy.
8. Serve immediately — preferably alongside a cold cocktail!