Monday again AND June! Oh my heck!
How is it June already? It feels like this year is absolutely flying past me! 6 months down and before we know it, Christmas will be here. That blows my mind!
Life here has been crazy, so I figured a bullet point post was in order. Do you ever get that way?
1. In exactly 7 days we are headed out on one of our biggest vacations yet and I’m so freaking excited, I could burst at the seams. Keep a lookout on Instagram to find out where! In the meantime, I need to get serious about finishing my packing.
2. I have been killing Sarah’s 100 Push-ups A Day Challenge. When she first proposed it to me, I thought she was nuts. Now, I bang out my daily quota before lunch and sometimes do extra! It’s been such a great way to gain upper body strength and I can feel my core getting tighter.
3. During a recent girl’s night, my friend showed us a box of her latest Warby Parker try-ons. We had a little wine and a lot of fun. This picture was the result and it just makes me really happy.
4. I’m still daydreaming about this fabulous pineapple drink I enjoyed with my pal Moe last week. Cocktails this fun are meant to be shared!
5. Do you ever have weeks where you feel like your style is really on point and then a week or WEEKS, in my case, where you’re truly just in a rut? I’m in my rut WEEKS & need some help! What helps you pull your summer style together? Every single time I try to put something together, I feel frumpy. I’ll chalk that up to living in workout clothes, even though I have a pile full of new stuff! What’s a girl to do?
6. For two weeks straight, these geckos have been getting it on after dark on my porch. I don’t know whether to shoo them away (I don’t exactly want baby geckos running amuck) or start playing a little Marvin Gaye for them.
|They don’t look it in this photo, but their bodies are actually see through. It’s a whole new level of disgusting.|
7. And speaking of geckos, last week I accidentally dropped my keys into our large garbage can outside. I was meaning to toss in a water bottle and the whole key ring just flew in, too. I figured they would be right on top, but no, of course they had been tossed right to the bottom AND RIGHT BESIDE THE NASTIEST LOOKING AMPHIBIAN I HAVE EVER SEEN. I might have done a school girl screech, because I had no idea how I could possibly muster up enough courage to retrieve them. Thankfully, my neighbor’s son (age 8) finds joy in playing with said geckos, so not only did he retrieve my keys, he found a friend for the afternoon and I did not have to go anywhere near it. #thankyoujesus
And for now, I think that is enough overload for a Monday and a new month!
How was your weekend? What’s new with you?