I don’t know about you, but as a dog owner I’m always on the lookout for ways to make my life easier. The hair, the cost of food, the rowdy play of two energetic Labs…the list goes on! Today I’ve got 10 Life Hacks For Dog Owners that I’ve personally been successful with and can hopefully help some of you out!
10 Life Hacks For Dog Owners
1. You know those squeegees you use to clean windows and your shower? They’re also great for picking up dog hair off the carpet. Run the squeegee over your carpet prior to vacuuming and prepare to be amazed (and grossed out).
2. Put chicken broth, peanut butter, apples and carrots into your blender and mix on high until you have a creamy mixture. Freeze in a doggy ice cube tray for the perfect post-walk treat!
3. Use a shower cap to prevent water from getting into your dog’s ears when bathing, especially if your dog has floppy ears, is prone to ear infections, etc. We love this one, mostly because it’s great for me AND the dogs 😉
4. Baking soda is the secret to getting the smell of puppy pee out of anything! We also use this spray and I think there is magic in there, because it works. I don’t know how or why, but it does!
5. Does your dog freak when a storm is on the way? Rub a dryer sheet over his or her fur to remove the static electricity built up in their coat. We use these, because they are good for sensitive skin!
6. Fill your dog’s Kong with 4 cheese cubes and throw it in the microwave to let the cheese melt. Once melted, put the Kong in the freezer overnight. This treat keeps Judy & Bill busy for hours, which is a real feat! You can buy the large size KONG here for almost half the price of pet stores! We also keep one of these on hand to keep their minds busy!
8. TakeYourPet.com and BringFido.com let you know what hotels are pet friendly! But if you’re unable to travel with your pet, we swear by this service. (You can get $30 off by using my link!)
9. Love snapping pics of your dog, but struggle to get them to look at the camera? Dog Monitor is an free iPhone app that makes noises to draw your dog’s attention to the camera and allows you to add filters and upload photos immediately!
10. Judy suffers from intolerable bad breath, so I turn to fresh sprigs of parsley on top of her food. It works wonders!
Are you a dog owner? What are your go-to tricks?
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy: