It’s officially here!
Last weekend was the official start of the NFL season! The Lions square off against the Titans this weekend in the Motor City, so let’s all say a silent prayer they get a win! It was a total nail-biter in Indianapolis last week, but thankfully the season started with a victory 🙂
I mentioned before about my season-long partnership with NFL Fan Style, so I’m kicking things off with a new favorite – cold brew coffee.
|Wilson Football | Tervis Tumbler|
Of course you want to enjoy a cold one during the game, but for those of us in Hawaii, kickoff is sometimes at the crack of dawn, so here is my Hawaiian take on “a gameday cold one” 😉
You Will Need:
1 large mason jar, glass container or Tervis Tumbler
2 cups Kau coffee grounds
8 cups of water
small hand-held strainer
1. Pour coffee grounds in to the bottom of the mason jar.
2. Pour the water on top.
3. Stir it up very well.
4. Put the lid back on the mason jar and let sit on your counter for 12-13 hours.
*some people prefer to refrigerate during this process, but I think it makes the end result more bitter.
5. After your cold brew mix has “brewed” for 12-13 hours, take your measuring cup and place your strainer on top of it.
6. Lay your cheesecloth on top of the strainer so it lines it fully.
7. Pour your cold brew mix of grounds & water over top of the cheesecloth and strainer.
8. Rinse your mason jar, and pour your strained cold brew back in there for storage!
|XL Ice Cube Tray|
For the best iced coffee ever, be sure to add coffee cubes so it never tastes watered down!
What’s your favorite game day beverage?
Happy Weekend, everyone!