Coconut Bacon? What? It’s a thing, people. I had coconut bacon for the first time at one of my favorite restaurants in Hawaii and when I was in Pennsylvania, I was telling my mom about it. Turns out, she’s been cooking up coconut bacon for awhile now and showed me an easy way to make it at home! It’s a one part sweet, one part smoky, one part crunchy treat that is way more delicious than it sounds — trust me on this one. So whether you’re vegan or vegetarian and looking for a good swap or simply curious about this vegan food trend of coconut bacon, today’s post is for YOU! Today I’m sharing how to make coconut bacon at home 🙂 Let’s get started…
How To Make Coconut Bacon
You Will Need:
3 cups unsweetened coconut
1.5 tbsp. maple syrup
3 tbsp. coconut aminos (Tamari works fine, too!)
2.5 tbsp. liquid smoke
Coconut Bacon Recipe
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Spread everything out on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
5. Let cool completely before serving.
6. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
I love to serve this crispy addition on top of kale salads, but it’s equally good as a mid-afternoon snack! To note, the thick pieces of fresh coconut (not pictured here) actually taste the best in my opinion, but it’s good regardless. Have you tried coconut bacon? What did you think?