What other names did you have picked out for me? And more of the best questions to ask your parents right now.
This isn’t the first time I’ve blogged about asking questions to your relatives. At the start of the pandemic, I was having daily calls with my grandma to lift both our spirits, and shared 25 question to ask your grandparents. Today I’m sharing 50 more questions to ask your parents!
50 Questions To Ask Your Parents
A few months later, I discovered Storyworth, a company that allows you to gift someone you love a weekly question prompt, and then at the end of a year, they compile all the answers and make a book. Naturally, I gave the gift to my parents, and they’re still working through all their prompts, but I know it’s something I’ll cherish forever.
Looking to preserve your family legacy? Here are 50 questions to ask your parents that make conversation easy.
Questions To Ask Your Parents
- What is the hardest thing about raising children?
- What was your childhood like?
- Can you describe to me a day you remember vividly from high school?
- Have you ever doubted your faith?
- How would your parents describe you?
- How did you vote in the Presidential elections?
- What is one happy memory you always think about?
- Have you ever gotten into a fight?
- Where were you when 9/11 happened?
- Have you participated in any competitions?
- What was your other choices for my name?
- Tell me about the day I was born.
- What was one of the most romantic moments in your life?
- What is one thing you’ve always wanted to tell me?
- Who are the best cooks in your family?
- What traits do you share with your mother?
- Growing up, who inspired you?
- What would you save if your house was on fire? What if you could only save 2 things?
- Who inspired you as a child?
- How did you choose what college to attend?
- Why did you decide to get a graduate degree?
- What is your biggest regret?
- Do you remember the best trip you’ve ever taken?
- Have you ever been fired?
- Did you ever think about the future as a child? How is it different?
- Describe your favorite places to spend the summer.
- What are you most proud of?
- What were you doing at my age?
- What do you consider one of your greatest professional and personal achievements in life?
- What is one of the best shows you’ve ever watched?
- Do you remember your wedding day?
- What do you wish you had spent more time doing in your 20s and 30s?
- What is one of the most selfless things you have done in life?
- Do you have a dream you haven’t achieved yet?
- What family tradition is your favorite?
- Were your parents strict growing up?
- What’s one of your favorite drinks to enjoy?
- Tell me about your earliest memory.
- What is your most embarrassing moment?
- How did you decide to get married?
- If you could change one thing about me, what would its e?
- Who is someone you admire?
- What is your dream job?
- Do you think money can buy happiness?
- What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
- One piece of advice you’ve always held onto?
- What is your favorite type of music to listen to?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- How did you meet mom/dad?
- Who was your best friend growing up?