Happy Friday, everyone! This week has been exhausting for both Dane and I and we are both looking forward to this weekend more than usual, I think. We are heading out on a date tonight (I have no clue what we’re doing – Dane just told me to be ready by 5:30!) and then hopefully hitting the beach at some point. I am in the middle of reading this book that I haven’t been able to put down every night before bed, so I’m hoping to finish that, too! We also have plans to possible attend Oahu’s famous Lantern Launch for Memorial Day, but it typically gets pretty crowded, so we may end up just watching it on T.V. – totally TBD. We were also talking about trying to go to Punchbowl Memorial Cemetery for the 69th annual ceremony, so hopefully we can make one or both of those events happen! Here are a few photos from years past of the beautiful lantern launch in Honolulu remembering lost loved ones. As you can see – it’s jam packed!
But let’s talk about my blog post topic for today – 5 Blog Posts I’ve Loved This Week. It might just be me, but I’ve read some incredible blog posts this week and I wanted to take a little bit of time out to share some of my favorites….a little weekend reading, if you will 🙂 Let’s hop right to it…
1. Nadine is one of my OG blogging friends and she wrote a post this week that spoke right to my heart called “Life As A Former Tanning Addict“. It’s definitely worth a read for anyone who ever used a tanning bed or struggles with the recourse of that decision as you get older.
2. Kelsey wrote a post called “Schools Out For Summer” and while I can’t relate to having kids, much less kids in school, it was refreshing to see a parent post about how they are excited for summer, not dreading it. She has been through so much in the past year, that this summer of relaxation is so freaking deserved.
3. Chelsea shared an amazing list of cocktail + mocktail recipes that I cannot wait to dive into! What is it about summer and sunshine that just makes you want to sip something refreshing? I love that most of the drinks on here can be made without alcohol!
4. This Grilled Chicken BBQ Quinoa Salad from Design Love Fest practically jumped off the page at me when I was scrolling Bloglovin’ (P.S. Be sure to follow me over there too!) I feel like Dane would love it as is and I could easily pick the chicken off. Total dinner winner!
5. And while we are discussing delicious recipes – you know those sugar cookies you always see at the store that look SO SOFT and are brightly decorated? I don’t know what the brand is, but I feel like we have all seen them! Anyway, this recipe for Soft Cakey Cookies from Sally’s Baking Addiction remind me of those! I bookmarked it to try to make them soon, so I can keep everyone posted!