If you know me, you know I love meals that just make me feel good and this truffle risotto is one of those meals! I have loved risotto for many, many years, but for whatever reason, I only made one type – my Creamy Asparagus Risotto. And it’s absolutely delicious, don’t get me wrong, but I needed to branch out with my risotto recipes! This winter, I created my lobster risotto and now I’m presenting my black truffle risotto recipe. Look, I recognize I’m not reinventing the wheel here on risotto recipes, but sometimes it can be kind of intimidating to cook foods you aren’t familiar with and the more people I talk to, the more I realize that risotto is one of those foods. In any case, I promise you, this truffle risotto recipe is easy, delicious and comes together in less than 30 minutes. Plus, the rich flavor will have people thinking you spent all dang day in the kitchen. Bonus: it’s even better as a leftover. So, without further ado, let’s get cooking!
Easy Truffle Risotto
You Will Need:
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 shallot, minced
1.5 cups Arborio rice
2 cups white wine
32 oz. vegetable broth (I like Pacific because it’s gluten free and organic)
1.5 tbsp. truffle salsa
1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp. Parma!
*Omit nutritional yeast and Parma! if using regular Parmesan cheese and sub in one full cup shredded Parmesan.
1. Put olive oil in the bottom of a large pot with shallots over medium heat.
2. Add Arborio rice, tossing to make sure rice is covered entirely in olive oil.
3. Add in white wine, stirring constantly until wine is evaporated.
4. Add in vegetable stock a ladle or so at a time and cook until evaporated. Then add another ladle, making sure to stir the pot constantly.
5. When all of the stock has been added, add in truffle salsa. Mix in completely.
6. Remove from heat and mix in nutritional yeast and Parma! (or Parmesan cheese)
7. Serve immediately and enjoy!