You know the recipes I’m talking about when I say “It might not look pretty, but I promise it tastes good!” Well, that’s exactly how I felt when taking photos for this post. These Buttercream Crunch Layered Brownies are the most delicious thing you will ever taste, but…they might not exactly look that way when you scroll down. Sorry in advance, but I promise – they taste INCREDIBLE! My mom made them for my cousin’s wedding a few months back and they were such a hit that this layered brownie dessert was one of the first things to go off the dessert table. If you’re looking for an easy holiday dessert you can whip up and “set it and forget it”, these layered brownies are it. Let’s get into it…
Buttercream Crunch Layered Brownies
Now, this dessert is not entirely dairy free, but it can be made gluten free pretty easily and I’ve linked how to do that below. In all reality, it could absolutely be made dairy free, too, but that would require a few extra steps and maybe a couple ingredient swaps for icing.
To make these Buttercream Crunch Layered Brownies at home, you will need:
1 package Good Life brownie mix (or you can make them homemade!)
2 cups (16oz) buttercream icing – if not making it homemade, this is equal to 1 store-bought jar you can find in the baking aisle 🙂
1.5 cups chocolate chips
1.5 cups crunchy peanut butter
3 cups Rice Krispies cereal (or the knock-off brand!)
1 cup chocolate icing
1. Cook the brownies according to the package or recipe using a 9×13 pan.
2. Let cool completely.
3. When cool, spread buttercream icing on top and set aside.
4. In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter.
5. Stir until melted completely.
6. Stir in Rice Krispies cereal and spread mixture on top of buttercream.
7. Put in the refrigerator to chill and ‘set’ for 4-6 hours.
8. Prior to serving, spread a thin layer of chocolate icing on top.
When finished, be sure to store these in the refrigerator!
If you decide to make these yummy brownies at home, I’d love to know what you think! Happy baking 🙂