Trying to figure out how to make zucchini corn fritters? This easy and delicious meal is perfect for a fresh vegetable harvest of zucchini and corn!
I was up visiting my parents a couple weeks ago and they belong to a CSA and are regular farmer’s market shoppers. I can’t blame them, because Pennsylvania farmer’s markets are insane. Just the best! That week, there was an abundance of zucchini and corn and my mom said she was going to use it to make zucchini corn fritters.
It sounded delicious to me, but I wouldn’t have known where to begin to make them happen. Thankfully, she walked me through it and these are so easy, I’ve been making them at my own house ever since!
Zucchini Corn Fritters
The combination of savory zucchini and sweet corn gives this meal an extra edge. Plus, the crispy outsides makes it feel like a treat, when it’s actually pretty healthy. The first time I ate these at my parents’ house, my mom served it with a garlic dipping sauce, but trust me when I tell you, these fritters are positively delicious all on their own. If you’re a dip person, I think they’d be good with plain Greek yogurt!
How To Make Zucchini Corn Fritters
To make these fritters, you will need:
1 large zucchini or 2 small zucchini, shredded
2-3 ears of corn cut off the cob
1/4 cup red onion (or shallot), diced
1 tbsp coconut flour
salt, pepper, garlic powder
Zucchini And Corn Fritters
1. Dry the zucchini really well after shredding. I use a cheese cloth and wring it out that way because I think it works the best. Getting as much water out as you can is a really important step, because too much water will make your fritters fall apart.
2. Mix the zucchini with the corn, onion, eggs, flour and spices.
3. Put olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and let it get really hot.
4. Add scoops of your mix to a hot frying pan. Let each fritter cook 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
5. Put fritters on a baking sheet and bake at 400 until ready to serve.
Tip: I like my fritters really crispy, so I will often put them under the broiler for a bit. Just watch them closely so they do not burn!
If you liked this post, you might also enjoy Zucchini and Sweet Potato Fritters with Goat Cheese