Okay I have a confession for all of you — I don’t know how I’ve waited so long to share this with all of you. The day I made my pineapple parrot bowl I practically squealed with joy and couldn’t wait to fill it up with some delicious pineapple fried rice. That night, I whipped up our dinner and dished it into the parrot bowl and Dane was like…okay, this is actually really cool. Sometimes I think things are awesome, but validation from other people helps. Of course I think my own things are cool 😉
Best Ever Pineapple Fried Rice
You can either take your pineapple, chunk it up and eat it, blend it into a margarita and drink it from the parrot bowl or you can make this delicious dinner recipe for pineapple fried rice. SO. MANY. OPTIONS.
I chose the pineapple fried rice after I took about 400 photos of my parrot.
You Will Need:
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
1 carrot, chopped
1 small pineapple, cubed (save some of the juice, too!)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. sesame oil
3 tbsp. coconut aminos
1 block firm tofu, chopped
**I like mine in really tiny pieces, almost like it’s shredded.
2 cups rice/quinoa, cooked
1. In a large pan, scramble 3 eggs. Remove from heat, put eggs in a bowl and set aside.
2. In that same pan, add pepper, onion, carrots, pineapple and half the garlic with a tablespoon of coconut oil on low. Let it cook until you can begin to smell the garlic.
3. When you smell the garlic, add in the pineapple and about 1/3 cup of the pineapple juice. Let all the juices come together and blend. Keep it cooking on low.
4. In a separate pan, put sesame oil, coconut aminos, the rest of the garlic and your chopped tofu. Cook these babies up on high until browned.
5. Now you should have your cooked eggs, your cooked rice and your cooked tofu. Add them all into the veggie pan.
6. Mix everything well. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and serve!