This Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail recipe is equal parts sweet, sour, and spicy – a triple threat in the world of craft cocktails!
If you know me, you know I’m a huge lover of spicy cocktails. This lime-vodka based cocktail uses fresh fruit and veggies to make it a unique taste – spicy, sweet, and sour.
Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail
It’s not summertime in Hawaii anymore, but it’s HOT. Is anyone else in the country still sweating? What is more refreshing after a hot day outside than cooling off with a cold and crisp craft cocktail? Not much! I love coming home from a long day at the beach and whipping up a cold one while I shower, change, and get ready for dinner.
I came up with the idea for this Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail recipe one day while mixing things together on my bar cart. I wanted something cold and crisp, but didn’t have any concrete recipes, so I started scheming.
I am a big fan of cocktails with a kick, so I knew I wanted to use up some of the jalapeños I had in my refrigerator, but I also knew that something spice-heavy wasn’t going to cool me down.
Jalapeño Limeade Cocktail Recipe
This recipe is equal parts sweet, sour, and spicy – a triple threat in the world of craft cocktails!
To make this delicious Jalapeño Limeade at home, you will need:
1 cup of lime juice (about 5 small limes)
2 tbsp fresh lime zest
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups water
1 jalapeño, sliced
Optional: 1 tbsp colored sugar for glass rim
1. In a large pitcher, squeeze 5 sliced limes until fully juiced.
2. Add in lime zest, granulated sugar, and water.
3. Stir the mixture until the granulated sugar has completely dissolved.
4. Drop in jalapeño slices (and any juice from slicing) and mix gently.
5. Refrigerate for one hour prior to serving.
6. If you’re planning to rim your glasses with colored sugar, line the rim of your tumbler with a lime wedge and dip gently in sugar.
7. Fill glass tumblers with ice to the top with crushed ice.
8. Pour in 1 shot of lime vodka per tumbler.
9. Fill to the top with limeade mixture, stir and serve.